Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Day 3: Catch Your Dreams

Try remembering your dreams... but sometimes it wouldn't be necessary if it was so real you felt like u had lived through it. Some dreams are surreal, and you feel restricted & bound by dimensions, yet you couldn't break out of the subconscious realm & assume reality. This always happens in a nightmare, when you need to run, to hit, to do an action, but felt that you are fiercely limited physically. Like no matter how fast you run, you could only crawl. This is a stark contrast against your will & imagination, which says you can leap staircases & run miles. If dreams are what we think, why are we limited when our imagination is boundless? The disability is a painful experience that makes you wake up in a jolt and wander about it for the rest of your day.

But I didn't had such dreams today, thankfully. I slept a total of 15 hours today, & I dreamt of myself revisiting my camp, and some other weird cryptic shorts. I slept through morning amidst the cool damp breeze. I thought it must have been drizzling or something of a wet weather outside. Then afternoon came & it was hot, so I woke up fuzzily.

I went back to school at about 8:30 at night, to zap & return my overdue book. There were people streaming back home along the corridor & I wondered if a class has just been dismissed. The library was brightly-lit & welcoming me; there were people inside studying. The librarians were still hard at work. There was a positive & peaceful atmosphere, not the deserted & quiet one that I had expected of school during a mid-term break. I read another book for a while before setting off. There were still people jogging on the tracks as I waited for my bus at the Bus Stop. I loved my school for how in its tranquil, large environment, people just go about doing the things they like, & how these little buzz build up the community.

No comments: